Running training all year round
Lose weight and build up fitness without being dependent on wind and weather. You can enjoy these and other advantages when training on the treadmill at home. The varied training programmes allow you to train on the treadmill in many different ways: slow walking, fast sprints or running with an incline - everything is possible on your treadmill. As a beginner you can simply get fit or as a professional runner you can bridge the winter break. Here you can find the right treadmill for your running training at home.
Endurance TFTSpecial Price €2,799.00 Regular Price €2,999.00
PerformanceSpecial Price €2,799.00 Regular Price €2,999.00
Q. VADIS 10.0Special Price €1,999.00 Regular Price €2,699.00
Q. VADIS 3.0Special Price €1,199.00 Regular Price €1,399.00
Alpine TFTSpecial Price €1,999.00 Regular Price €2,299.00
Q. VADIS 7.0Special Price €1,799.00 Regular Price €1,999.00
Q. VADIS 5.0€1,799.00Currently sold out
- What are the benefits of exercising on a treadmill?
- Buy an ergometer, cross trainer or treadmill: Which device is better?
- Pulse-controlled training: what is the optimal training pulse on a treadmill?
- Buying guide: Which treadmill for home?
- What's the difference between professional treadmills and standard treadmills?
- What else is important about professional treadmills?
- Maintenance and care
- Accessories and safety instructions
- Testing a treadmill
Always available and without excuses, treadmill training quickly becomes a routine in your own four walls. Our professional treadmills are characterised by high-quality components paired with impressive design. Your joints benefit from the spring-loaded Supersoft running surface. A huge advantage compared to jogging units on hard asphalt.
The delivery of the fitness equipment is free of charge. As the manufacturer, we pay the shipping costs for you. If you don't like the treadmill, you can return it to us within 14 days and get your money back.
What are the benefits of exercising on a treadmill?
The treadmill is a popular piece of fitness equipment that offers numerous benefits. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced runner, exercising on a treadmill can be a great addition to your fitness regime. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy when exercising on a treadmill:
- Joint-friendly workout: the treadmill provides a springy running surface that reduces impact and stress on the joints. Compared to running on asphalt or uneven terrain, your joints are less stressed when exercising on the treadmill, which can reduce the risk of injury.
- Weatherproof training: Whether it's raining, snowing or too hot outside, the treadmill allows you to train regardless of the weather. You can do your running sessions at any time in the comfort of your own home and are not dependent on weather conditions or time of day.
- Controllable training: On the treadmill you have full control over your training. You can adjust the speed, incline and duration of the training session according to your individual needs. This allows you to work on your endurance, speed or increase intensity.
- Monitoring and measurement: Most modern treadmills are equipped with training computers that display important information such as speed, distance covered, calories burned and heart rate. This allows you to monitor your training, track your progress and effectively manage your goals.
- Versatile training: In addition to running, the treadmill offers a variety of training options. You can perform interval training, simulate inclines, create hill profiles or even take walking breaks. This allows you to diversify your workout and target different muscle groups.
- Motivation and entertainment: Many treadmills have built-in programmes and entertainment options such as music connections, TV screens or virtual running tracks. This makes training on the treadmill more motivating and entertaining.
- Adaptability: The treadmill is suitable for runners of all fitness levels. Whether you are just starting to run or are an experienced marathon runner, you can adjust the speed and intensity to suit your individual needs.
Take advantage of treadmill training to achieve your fitness goals. Whether you want to improve your endurance, lose weight or prepare for a competition, the treadmill offers you an effective and convenient training option. Start your treadmill workout today and experience the many benefits of this fitness machine.
Which muscles are trained when running on the fitness treadmill?
To put it simply, your entire musculature works from head to toe during running training. On the one hand, you need a well-functioning cardiovascular system and, on the other hand, a certain degree of balance, as you are always standing on one leg for a short time when running. Your muscles must therefore constantly coordinate and stabilise so that your entire body remains stable at any running speed. You actively strengthen the entire musculature of your lower body. Depending on the speed and incline, your circulation and metabolism are also specifically trained.
- Heart: Regular treadmill training strengthens the heart muscle and thus also strengthens the cardiovascular system.
- Thighs: By exercising on the treadmill you shape and strengthen the 4-headed thigh extensor.
- Buttocks: Your entire gluteal muscle group with its various parts is optimally trained during the running workout.
- Back muscles: Because of your upright posture, your back and torso have to do stabilising work. If you run uphill, your back muscles are used even more intensively.
- Calves: Movement on the treadmill results in defined and strong calf muscles.
Buy an ergometer, cross trainer or treadmill: Which machine is better?
Treadmills,and can all help you improve your endurance. However, there are big differences in terms of body position, effort, selection options and training effects. The decision to buy a new piece of fitness equipment at home should therefore depend on your individual fitness goals:
Getting started with endurance training
For beginners and to shed pounds or improve your general fitness, a is a great choice. Simply start pedalling and your heart rate will increase and with it your calorie consumption.
Increase your performance level
The is the ideal piece of home equipment to increase your performance level. The whole-body movement has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, you shape your legs and strengthen your upper body at the same time. Especially if you have joint or muscle problems in your back or knees, a crosstrainer is the perfect training device because of the low load.
If you want to burn calories, noticeably improve your endurance or optimise your running style, we recommend buying a treadmill. Compared to other endurance machines, treadmills require you to move your entire body weight over and over again, so you automatically burn a lot of calories.
Pulse-controlled training: What is the optimal training pulse for a treadmill?
Pulse-controlled training programmes are predestined for health-oriented endurance training. Your heart rate is measured with the help of aor pulse belt or integrated hand pulse sensors. Depending on the model, the professional treadmill adjusts the speed and incline according to the current target pulse. Your heart rate is influenced by your fitness level and training intensity as well as your age, gender and physical disposition.
Depending on your athletic ambition and training goal, you should train in different heart rate ranges. If you want to boost your fat metabolism and burn calories, training at 60-70% of HRmax is recommended. Intensive endurance training is achieved by training at over 80% of maximum heart rate. This is always referred to as a percentage of the maximum heart rate. The recommended maximum heart rate can vary from person to person. Cardio exercise is not only healthy, but also brings you faster to more success.
Kaufberatung: Welches Laufband für zu Hause?
The selection of different treadmill models is huge. Basically, professional treadmills are extremely durable and robust. Even with frequent use, they score points with an extremely long service life. Our professional treadmills convince with a wide range of settings, first-class workmanship and numerous programmes.
Key technical data: Engine, damping system, accessories
The engine power is usually stated in horsepower. Pay attention to the maximum speed and maximum load as well as the declared continuous power. If you want to practice sprints and frequently train your endurance, then a professional treadmill for advanced users with a strong motor of at least 3 hp continuous power makes sense. Our professional treadmills challenge you at peak speeds of up to 22 km/h and 8.5 hp maximum power. This fast speed is comparable to cycling. At the same time, these powerful engines ensure a pleasantly smooth and comfortable ride.
Easy on the joints and ergonomic
Especially frequent runners benefit from the unique damping system of our professional treadmills. Rubber layers that are easy on the joints absorb shocks and give you the feeling of running on a forest floor. The super-soft surface protects and relieves your joints even during regular jogging sessions.
How noisy is a treadmill?
The noise level of a treadmill is an important consideration for many people, especially those who want to exercise at home. The volume can vary from model to model, but in general modern treadmills have become quieter. Advances in technology and the use of quieter motors have meant that many treadmills are now significantly quieter than older models. However, some noise may still occur depending on the speed, running technique and surface. To minimise noise, some measures are helpful. These include using a high-quality base to reduce vibrations and placing the treadmill on a stable and flat surface. In addition, using running shoes with good cushioning and running at lower noise times can also help. If you prefer a particularly quiet treadmill, look for models that are specifically designed for quiet use. In summary, modern treadmills are generally quieter, but there are still ways to further reduce noise.
Set the speed of the treadmill
Ambitious runners with intensive and long training sessions have higher demands on their training equipment. The incline should adjust automatically and a sufficiently large motor power for speed training is indispensable. If you integrate interval runs with high-intensity sprints into your training plan, choose a treadmill with at least 2 hp continuous power. Important: The more finely the speed can be adjusted, the greater the treadmill's range of use. For a very fine adjustment of the speed, 0.1 km/h steps are suitable. Top models like the treadmillaccelerate up to 22 km/h. Enough for sweaty interval training with intermediate sprints.
With the treadmills of the Q. VADIS series, the incline can be increased by up to 12% during your running workout. When adjusting the incline, the entire construction moves upwards and the display also adjusts automatically. With dimensions of 152 x 51 cm, the large running surface of theis also impressive. Athletes with a body weight of up to 150 kg enjoy an authentic running feeling like on a forest floor on the Super Soft surface. In addition, the treadmill surface has enough grip for intensive sprints. You can measure your pulse during the workout with the integrated hand sensors. If you want to use a chest strap for heart rate measurement, a heart rate receiver is already integrated in the device. If you want to use a , a heart rate receiver is already integrated in the device. ETM Testmagazin even awarded the Q. VADIS 10.0 treadmill with VERY GOOD (95.3%) in a comparative test.
Size of the running surface
Convince yourself of more comfort and safety with the extra large running surfaces of our professional treadmills. For fast and long strides, a longer treadmill is advantageous, the width gives you more space when running. Ideally, the treadmill should be at least 130 cm long and 45 cm wide. Sufficient space is essential for proper technique training. Make sure that the dimensions fit well into your training room. The foldable, compact and easily stowable equipment offers ambitious hobby athletes excellent training possibilities.
Quality meets comfort
Professional treadmills have multi-media entertainment such as Bluetooth, app connection (e.g. Kinomap) and track videos.
Steep uphill to the finish
Some treadmills have an integrated incline motor. Depending on the model, this electromechanically adjusts the incline of the running surface by up to 15 %. So in future you can easily do the demanding uphill workout at home in your living room.For this purpose, use our professional treadmills in studio quality such as theor the .
Who should buy a professional treadmill?
Experienced runners and particularly ambitious athletes are well advised to buy a professional treadmill. If you go jogging several times a week and like to do a few intermediate sprints, then a professional treadmill for your home is exactly the right thing for you. Even heavy fitness athletes benefit from the high stability of professional models. You can train in all weathers without compromise.
Folding treadmill for training at home
If you only have limited space in your home, then a is the right choice for you. In the twinkling of an eye, you can unfold the treadmill and place it where you want to train. After a successful workout, the treadmill can be easily stored again with the help of a few handles and you have enough space for other things. Of course, the stability and workmanship is as high as usual despite the folding mechanism. We especially recommend the treadmill , which you can park in a vertical or horizontal position with the innovative extra "Fold Button" on the console and the foot pedal without screwing. This way, the treadmill can be stored in a space-saving way.
What else is important about professional treadmills?
Depending on your specific needs, there are other criteria that an advanced treadmill should fulfil. If you have limited space within your own four walls, then a foldable treadmill is the right choice for you. In addition, high-quality treadmills are characterised by their particularly quiet and smooth running. The noise level is therefore lower than with cheaper models, even at high speeds, thanks to the unique workmanship. In order to be able to train safely and with different running techniques, a sufficiently large running surface is also recommended. A professional treadmill requires less maintenance than cheaper models. Maximum stability and comfort are absolutely paramount here!
Maintenance and care
To enjoy your treadmill for a long time, regular care and maintenance is advisable. Permanent exposure to sunlight and moisture will damage the material. Therefore, the location of the treadmill should be dry and somewhat protected from the sun. To protect the floor and prevent noise from your neighbours, we recommend the use of a. Also make sure that the treadmill is placed at a distance from the wall. This way you can reduce the noise level even more. By the way: The assembly of our treadmills is uncomplicated and easy to manage. Large parts are already pre-assembled. Soiling from shoes damages the surface. If the treadmill does get dirty, use a damp cloth to clean it. It is also best to vacuum it completely every 14 days. Once a month, check the lubrication under the edge. With the you extend the life of the treadmill belt.
Accessories and safety tips
Treadmill training can be made even more effective and comfortable if you use the right accessories. Here are some recommended accessories to take your treadmill workout to the next level:
- Running shoes: A good pair of running shoes is essential for a comfortable and safe treadmill workout. Choose shoes that offer good cushioning and support your running style. Make sure they are comfortable and have a good fit to prevent injury.
- Running clothes: Wear breathable and sweat-wicking sportswear that keeps you cool and dry during exercise. Choose clothes that give you freedom of movement and do not restrict you. Also consider reflective elements when running at dusk or in the dark.
- Fitness tracker: A fitness tracker or sports watch can help you monitor your performance on the treadmill and track your progress. You can keep track of your heart rate, distance covered, calories burned and other relevant data.
- Music or podcasts: Music or podcasts can make your treadmill workout more fun and give you extra motivation. Create a playlist of your favourite songs or listen to exciting podcasts to distract and motivate you during your workout.
- Tablet holder: A tablet holder allows you to watch movies, series or videos, read books or even explore virtual running routes while training on the treadmill. Securely attach your tablet to the holder for easy viewing during your run.
- Towel and water bottle: Keep a towel and water bottle handy during your workout. You can use the towel to wipe off sweat, while the water bottle will keep you hydrated and meet your fluid needs.
- Treadmill mat: A treadmill mat provides protection for the floor and muffles the sound of the treadmill. It protects the floor from scratches, dents or dirt and can also reduce vibrations.
Invest in the right accessories for your treadmill workout to ensure a pleasant, effective and comfortable workout. With the right running shoes, clothing, fitness tracker and entertainment options such as music or podcasts, you can enjoy your runs even more and achieve your goals.
Compare our treadmills and choose the right one for your needs. Our experts in the HAMMER stores will help you with your decision. You also have the opportunity to test different models on site. Bring your running shoes and together we will find the perfect treadmill for you. You can then either take your new favourite machine home directly from the HAMMER store or have it conveniently delivered and assembled.
We also look forward to your call and together we will find the endurance machine for you at home. Get started and let your resolutions and fitness goals finally become reality.
HAMMER expert telephone: +49731 974 88-518 (Mo - Sa. from 9 am to 7 pm). We'll also be happy to call you back.
How individually can the speed of the treadmill be adjusted?
How individually the speed can be adjusted depends on the model. A fine adjustability in 0.1 km/h steps is advantageous. Ideally, the maximum speed is 22 km/h.
Is a treadmill suitable for pregnant women and seniors?
Seniors and pregnant women benefit very well from training units on the treadmill due to the everyday motion sequence and the individual increase in load. Hand grips can be used to ensure greater safety. In both cases, a doctor should be consulted in advance.
Can I train on the treadmill after an injury?
If you have been cleared by a doctor to put full weight on both legs again after an injury, the treadmill is a great way to slowly optimise your running style. If you also use a mirror for training, you can check and improve your running technique. A treadmill is therefore ideal for deliberate gait training after injuries.
What is the difference between an ergometer, cross trainer and treadmill?
Among the endurance machines, the treadmill is the one with the most common movements. With the cross trainer you have a guided movement of your entire body. The ergometer training is the easiest endurance machine with a seated posture and a given leg movement. Treadmill training requires the highest degree of stability and muscular coordination.
Is a folding treadmill useful for training at home?
If you have limited space in your home, a folding treadmill is the right choice for you. After a successful workout, the treadmill is easily stored away with the help of a few handles and you have enough space for other things. Of course, the stability and workmanship is as high as usual despite the folding mechanism.
Sports therapist, personal trainer, B. Sc. nutrition management and dietetics, M. Sc. clinical sports therapy and sports physiology